Diving into the world of pro wrestling rumors is a beloved activity for many fans, ranking possibly above even viewing the matches themselves. In this daily segment, we explore the latest buzz coming from the wrestling grapevine.
Friendly note: Take these rumors with a pinch of salt. They remain unverified and originate from the pro wrestling gossip circle.
Today’s Rumor Roundup:
- According to this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE appears to be setting the stage for Jade Cargill to ascend to a key role. Fans should keep their eyes peeled for her debut in the near future.
- Insider chatter suggests that Mustafa Ali was precariously positioned during WWE’s recent roster trim. His release was a last-minute decision.
- There’s strong support from several AEW stars lobbying for the inclusion of Shelton Benjamin, as per sources at Fightful Select. This advocacy for Benjamin reportedly started months ago, even amid inaccurate gossip that Benjamin was nearing the end of his WWE contract.
- Matt Riddle seemed to have ruffled some feathers within WWE management. The buzz is that Riddle went off-script during a segment where he commented on Randy Orton’s discomfort. This was before the storyline developed an injury angle for Orton.
- PW Insider hints at Dustin Rhodes’ absence from recent AEW broadcasts. Word has it he’s nursing a minor knee injury.
- F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer highlights that WWE’s scheduling of domestic house shows coincides with the Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia this November. This could imply several marquee wrestlers might not be flying out for the international showcase.
- In a lighter note from The Ryback Show, Ryback humorously revealed he has a prominent poster of the movie “Rudy” in his bathroom. He believes it drives his morning motivation, admiring the essence of an underdog tale. Ryback jestingly remarked, “I believe I carry the spirit and zeal of Rudy, but amplified with more skills.” This might explain those numerous calls from Stamford…