So, Who Actually Owns UFC? (and soon…WWE)

by | Sep 11, 2023 | WWE News | 0 comments

Over the past two decades, the UFC’s value has soared from $2 million to approximately $9-10 billion, marking an astounding increase of around 500,000%.

The ownership of the UFC primarily rests with the Endeavor group via Zuffa, LLC, holding 50.1% ownership, making them the key decision-makers. The remaining 49.9% is distributed among Silver Lake Partners, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, and MSD Capital.

Dana White, often mistaken as the owner, is the UFC’s president and has an undisclosed ownership percentage. The Fertitta brothers, who previously owned the company, sold it to Endeavor in 2016. White had a 9% ownership stake during the Fertitta era.

Endeavor has plans to acquire full ownership of the UFC, claiming 100% ownership. Dana White continues to serve as the president, earning both as part-owner and from the company’s profits.

The majority owner of the UFC today is Endeavor, with 50.1% ownership, while the remaining 49.9% is divided among other partners. Endeavor’s ownership increased during the COVID-19 pandemic, as the UFC remained a profitable venture despite the challenges faced by other businesses.

The exact value of the UFC is estimated to be in the $7-10 billion range, with its worth continually growing. Dana White played a pivotal role in the UFC’s rise to popularity and financial success.

Dana White became the UFC president after he and the Fertitta brothers purchased the company in 2001 for $2 million. He initially held a 9% ownership stake, and his responsibilities included matchmaking, talent scouting, sponsorship deals, venue selection, and cooperation with athletic commissions.

Endeavor’s future plans include going public via an initial public offering (IPO) and potentially becoming the sole owner of the UFC. Dana White’s position as the UFC president is expected to remain stable, ensuring the promotion’s continued growth.

The UFC’s ownership history reveals its exponential growth, from its purchase for $2 million in 2001 to its current multi-billion-dollar valuation. Dana White’s leadership and marketing skills have been instrumental in the promotion’s success, positioning it as a leading combat sport in the world.

The UFC’s popularity continues to rise, and its competition with boxing for supremacy in the combat sports world remains ongoing. Despite challenges like illegal streaming, the UFC’s future prospects appear bright, and Dana White remains a significant figure in its success.

The UFC was founded by Art Davie and Rorion Gracie, with contributions from Bob Meyrowitz, Ryan Troutsdale, Campbell McLaren, David Isaacs, and John Milius. The first UFC event took place in 1993.

Latest News

WWE NXT Spring Breakin – Match Card Announced For Night One

Over the next two weeks, WWE NXT will deliver two themed episodes in the name of the Spring Breakin' 2024 edition. As seen on the latest edition of NXT, several matches for the upcoming nights have been confirmed. WWE NXT Spring Breakin Night One Card - Champion Ilja...

Sporting Celebrities Attend WWE’s UK Live Tour

The Superstars hit the UK after record WrestleMania weekend. WWE is the show everyone wants to see right now. After an epic WrestleMania earlier this month, the Superstars hit the UK this past weekend for a sell-out tour—and some famous faces were in...

AEW Dynasty Results – New Champions Announced

AEW Dynasty took place last night in an incredible fashion. Four new champions were named throughout the night. Lets check out how it unfolded. AEW Dynasty Results - Kazuchika Okada def. PAC | AEW Continental Championship House Of Black def. Eddie Kingston, Adam...

Five Superstars Have Been Released By WWE

Sad news coming out of WWE, as five superstars have been released by the brand. (As reported by Fightful). Lets check out the list. Released Superstars - Xia Lee Jinder Mahal Sanga Veer Xyon Quinn

Shawn Spears Working As Producer On NXT

After returning to WWE NXT, Shawn Spears is also taking on responsibilities behind the scenes. What Is Shawn Spears’ New Role In WWE NXT? According to a new report from Corey Brennan of Fightful Select, Spears is not only working in front of the cameras on NXT TV. As...

Carlos Cabrera is All Elite.

Carlos Cabrera is All Elite. AEW President Tony Khan took to Twitter during Wednesday night’s episode of Dynamite to announce that Cabrera, who worked for WWE from 1993 to 2022 on the Spanish announce team, has signed with his company. “TK” wrote, “Welcome to the @AEW...

Motor City Machine Guns Off To AEW

Following their departure from TNA Wrestling last month, there's now a significant update on the future of the Motor City Machine Guns. Opting to explore the free agent market once their previous TNA deals expired, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley were said to have...

George

George

Erick Rowan Coming Back To WWE?

Erick Rowan Coming Back To WWE?

We already know that Bo Dallas, in some form or fashion, is coming back, but could Erick Rowan be returning to WWE soon? We met Erick Rowan as he was part of the original Wyatt Family. He had a nice run with the company, but eventually found his way out of WWE. When...

Big E Injury Update

Big E Injury Update

WWE favourite, Big E, took to social media yesterday to give an update on his injury. "Hey, all! Two year neck scans are in. Things are unchanged. My C1 has healed fibrously but has not formed new bone. I’m not medically cleared and truthfully, I may never be cleared....

Official Backlash Poster Released

Official Backlash Poster Released

The Official Backlash poster has been released to fans. WWE will be holding the SummerSlam 2024 pay-per-view event from Cleveland Browns Stadium in Cleveland, OH on Saturday, August 3, 2024. Those featured on this year’s poster include Undisputed WWE Universal...